Colossians 1:27 To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
It says here that “Christ in you, is the hope of glory”. When you do not have Christ, you do not have the hope the Bible speaks about because Christ is Hope. He is the hope of the world. But this hope only becomes your hope when Christ is in you.
The hope of glory is;
- the hope of health when you are sick,
- the hope of heaven when you feel like you're in hell,
- the hope of financial well-being when you are poor,
- the hope of justice when you've been wronged,
- the hope of honor when you have been humiliated,
- the hope of progress when you have been set back;
- the hope of friends when you have been betrayed and forsaken,
- the hope of fullness when you have been emptied,
- the hope of life when you've been dead,
- the hope of recovery when you've lost everything
- the hope of a child when you are barren
- the hope of a job when you're unemployed;
- the hope of a house when you're homeless
- the hope of joy when you're sad
- the hope of laughter when you're angry
- the hope of friends when you're alone
- the hope of a future when you have no hope!
Romans 15:13; Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
It says here that this hope will fill you with a joy and a peace. But it comes through believing. It is not an empty “hope so” type of hope – it is a deep faith-filled hope that comes from a deep belief in God.
Bible hope is a positive expectation that something good is going to happen!
There is a deep-rooted connection between hope and faith. Hebrews 11:1 says; Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. This hope is found in Christ and faith believes and knows what belongs to you in Christ. And although your great hope may not have yet materialized, your faith knows this hope shall come to pass!
Paul goes on to say that you will abound in this hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a hope that not only fills you with joy and peace but it causes you to abound in your life.
Today, on this beautiful Christmas Day, thank God for His abounding hope.
It is not something you are hoping for…you already have this hope, it is in you, it is alive, He is a person and He will bring to pass all the plans and purposes God has ordained for your life.
Despite all the setbacks and delays, you may have experienced this year, Christ is your great hope and He will bring all good things into your life.